[aur-general] orphaned packages in community

Fri Jan 11 13:37:55 EST 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Ronald van Haren wrote:

> Okay. The first period has ended now. 13 packages where adopted, 2 new
> packages appear on the list (I may have missed them last time, or they were
> orphaned last week). This means we now have 57 orphaned packages in
> community.
>
> Before giving the list of the remaining packages, I would like to ask if
> someone has any interest in maintaining all of the e17 packages ? If no one
> steps up we should discuss what we want to do with e17.
>
> For all other packages, they will appear on a 'to be moved to unsupported'
> list in about a week, so we can final check this list.
>
> Now the list as is (you may find a more acutal list on the AUR web interface
> as people are adopting).

rage is part of e17.

You might be planning to do that later on, but if you would seperate from
the list the orphans that must remain in community because they are
(make)depends of other packages and to list these packages (and their
maintainers) that depends on orphans, you might speed up the adoption of
these orphans, as logically, a maintainer should make sure that all his
packages' dependencies are maintained by himself or another TU.

believed to be clean.