[aur-general] orphaned packages in community

Tue Jan 22 22:56:31 EST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Roman Kyrylych wrote:

> 2008/1/23, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com>:
>> Okay, now nesl247 has officially resigned as a TU, his packages are
>> added to the list. These packages are no dependencies of other
>> [community] packages (only the last three in the short list depend on
>> each other). Please adopt if you would like to maintain one of these
>> packages:
>>
>> gtvg 0.3-1
>> screenlets 0.0.10-3
>>
>> pycups 1.9.28-1
>> hal-cups-utils 0.6.13-1
>> system-config-printer 0.7.76-2
>>

>> note: screenlets has 54 votes, depends on a number of gnome stuff via
>> gnome-python-desktop, so it would be great if someone with a bunch of
>> gnome stuff could adopt it).
>>

> I guess that's me. But I'm in process of updating my packages via
> slooow internet connection (>20 left), so I'm not sure if it's correct
> for me to adopt yet another package.
> So let me know if you're ok with me adopting it (as well as that
> system-config-printer and friends) if noone else wants them.

I've adopted these popular orphans:
netwmpager
soundkonverter
kftpgrabber

IMO, at 50+ votes, screenlets should stay in community. Roman: Unless
someone else is interested, adopt it. If you are limited on time/bandwith,
I could help with the updates. I'll do the next update.

believed to be clean.