[aur-general] orphaned packages in community

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:24:26 EST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 11:16 PM, Roman Kyrylych <roman.kyrylych at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/23, Ronald van Haren <pressh at gmail.com>:
>
> > Okay, now nesl247 has officially resigned as a TU, his packages are
> > added to the list. These packages are no dependencies of other
> > [community] packages (only the last three in the short list depend on
> > each other). Please adopt if you would like to maintain one of these
> > packages:
> >
> > gtvg 0.3-1
> > screenlets 0.0.10-3
> >
> > pycups 1.9.28-1
> > hal-cups-utils 0.6.13-1
> > system-config-printer 0.7.76-2
> >

> > note: screenlets has 54 votes, depends on a number of gnome stuff via
> > gnome-python-desktop, so it would be great if someone with a bunch of
> > gnome stuff could adopt it).
> >

> I guess that's me. But I'm in process of updating my packages via
> slooow internet connection (>20 left), so I'm not sure if it's correct
> for me to adopt yet another package.
> So let me know if you're ok with me adopting it (as well as that
> system-config-printer and friends) if noone else wants them.
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)

It is really you who needs to decide that. If you are sure you (and
your connection) can handle the extra workload, please adopt it. If
you have any doubts about that somebody else should step up. It is
your call, just let us know what you decide. I'm happy with either
decision if you think it is the right one.