[aur-general] Popular new Chinese fonts looking for TU adoption

w9ya at qrparci.net w9ya at qrparci.net
Mon Jan 28 11:02:15 EST 2008

Hey Qianqian and the gang;

I am glad that you decided to write.

There are a couple of things that are important for you and the submitters
you mention to understand about the "community" package repository.

First, the TU's are expected to maintain the trust of the user community
by maintaining the quality of the packages they take 'responsibility' for
when adopting. SO.... unless the TU understands your language
requirements, they should NOT be willing to adopt your packages.

Second, ANYONE can petition to become a TU, including the submitters of
the packages you mention below. One merely has to ask to be sponsored. I
am sure the submitters you mentioned will find sponsors if the packages
they have submitted are of sufficient quality.

SO ... the problem you outline below is easily solved and should be
corrected within a couple of weeks of your submitters petitioning to
become a TU.

Once becoming a TU the only three requirements to remain a TU are to vote
when asked to on matters concerning TUs, maintain good and non-destructive
packages to the *outlined* standards, and not be destructive when using
the  repository storage facilities.

I hope this helps.

Very best regards;

Bob Finch