[aur-general] New Devs

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Jul 3 07:43:23 EDT 2008

Hi TUs (and other interested parties),

Many of you may have noticed that there are eight TUs in the new bunch
of developers bought on in the past weeks
(http://www.archlinux.org/news/401/).  That is about 1/3 of the total
TUs.  So we thought we let you know what was happening with our TU
positions.

The good news is that we do not intend on resigning from our TU
positions in the immediate future.  We are joining the dev team to help
take some strain of the devs and don't want to create strain for the
remaining TUs by oprhaning all our community packages in the process! We
may want to orphan some packages in the community/unsupported repo as
our workload becomes larger with picking up packages to maintain in the
main repos, but we will deal with that if/when the time comes.

Allan (on behalf of the newly appointed Dev/TU's)