[aur-general] kernel26zenmm-git PKGBUILD

Hyperair hyperair at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 00:38:40 EDT 2008

james toy wrote:
> Hyperair,
>
>           Thank you for your prompt reply -- i am also going to be
> adding my own patchset to it -- this complicates things since they are
> not directly in the repos -- i just want to make sure that that BUILD is
> sane and not crazy so i would like some tests to be done first -- also
> -- if it says 20080705 -- i want it to be that way -- i don't want
> 20080405 building 20080710 -- thats messy -- and while i know it works
> -- i would prefer things check out properly and people know what they
> are dealing with -- is there anyone who wants to give this PKGBUILD a
> try when i get it functional?  thanks.
>
> respectfully,
>
> -jt
>
> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Hyperair <hyperair at gmail.com
> <mailto:hyperair at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     james toy wrote:
>     > all,
>     >           I was wondering what the demand for this PKGBUILD would
>     be --
>     > its for the git of zenmm -- i am asking first instead of just throwing
>     > it on the AUR because it will be a bit of a pain to maintain since its
>     > SO bleeding edge -- if people DO want it though i will certainly
>     put in
>     > the time to make it readily and easily available -- hope everyone
>     > enjoyed the holidays
>     >
>     > respectfully,
>     >
>     >
>     > --
>     > jt
>     Why would it be a pain to maintain? You do know that you don't have to
>     bump up the pkgver manually each time a new revision is committed right?
>     It's automatically determined by makepkg, as long as you have the -git
>     suffix in pkgname.
>
>     --
>     Hyperair
>

> --
> jt
If that's the case then why don't you try updating the PKGBUILD weekly
or something? I'm sure weekly wouldn't be that hard, and wouldn't be too
often either. I'd hate it if "yaourt -Syu --aur" built something every
other day.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, you're going to have to find some way to stop
makepkg from bumping the pkgver automatically for you. The easiest way
would be to mess up the -git suffix somehow. --holdver isn't used by
yaourt, so people using yaourt may find it irritating.

--
Hyperair