[aur-general] TU Application

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 27 22:58:34 EDT 2008

Jeff Horelick wrote:
> That would be a long story involving some "secretive" Debian Drama
> (between me and 2/3 other people via email/IM) that i'd really rather
> not pull into the mix.

I'm glad you cleared up your strong statement about fixing packages.  I
hope it was just a case of being overly keen and taking a step too
far...  such situations should always be dealt with through the bug
tracker for community packages and as a comment on the AUR for
unsupported packages.  We have a policy in place about the process of
orphaning a package in the AUR.

But I'm afraid you are going to have to be a bit more specific about you
being an ex Debian developer if you want anyone to vote for you.  There
is also no mention of you in the changelogs of gftp and conky.  This
experience was a primary factor in my choosing to sponsor you despite
having few packages in the AUR.  With that being questioned, your whole
application is on very, very shaky ground, which is more than a bit
embarrassing for me as your sponsor.

Allan