[aur-general] TU Application

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 21:24:04 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:08 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Jeff Horelick wrote:
>>
>> Can i cancel my application? I realized i have better things to do
>> with my time than face an inquisition. I'm done with Arch in the way
>> of caring about being a TU or a full-on developer.
>>

> Done.
>
> This whole event has been very disappointing for me and I think this ending
> is for the best.  But I will continue taking the risk of sponsoring people I
> peripherally know as all my previous "risks" have paid off nicely.  Also, I
> don't want the barrier of entry here to be too high because no-one will take
> a risk with a potentially lesser known but still very competent user.
>
> Oh well, you win some, you lose some...
>
> Cheers,
> Allan

Needless to say I share the opinion of the other TUs, so I won't
comment further on that.

Don't worry about being the sponsor, it could've been any of us. It is
nearly impossible for the sponsor to verify everything by himself all
the time as he might be busy with other things. As applications can't
put on hold for too long, that's where the rest of the group kicks in.

Rest me to say that I'm glad the discussion is over. I got a bit of a
sour feeling reading it.

Ronald