[aur-general] Trusted User Application

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:04:31 EDT 2008

Loui wrote:
> Hello Trusted Users!
>
> I'd like to formally express my interest in becoming a Trusted User.
> <snip>

And I said I would sponsor him.

Loui is not a traditional TU candidate.  As he said, he does not
maintain many packages in the AUR and will not be bringing many packages
into the [community] repo.  However, he is interested in the development
of the AUR and I have seen many patches he has submitted to the AUR
codebase (see http://projects.archlinux.org/?p=aur.git;a=shortlog).
 From the trusted user guidelines: "The Trusted User (TU) is a member of
the community charged with keeping the AUR in working order."  I feel
maintaining the AUR extends to developing and improving its codebase so
it is a perfectly good reason to make him a TU.  Also, the few PKGBUILDs
he does maintain look good (maybe a few cosmetic changes needed at
most), so I am not worried about anything he would bring into the
community repos.

Overall, I think Loui would be a good addition to the team.

This starts the usual discussion period.

Allan