[aur-general] Orphan Request: libotr pidgin-otr

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:48:27 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Marcel W. Wysocki <maci at satgnu.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:26:51 +0200
> "Ronald van Haren" <pressh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> please next time try to contact the maintainer by mail, not everybody
>> uses the 'notify for new comments' function.
>
> But you usually get a mail when a package is flagged out-of-date.

ic. I thought that was only when you checked to notify box. Well there
may always be reasons why the maintainer did not update the package
yet (like depending on an upstream version of a dependency not yet
updated in our repos), so it's always a good habit to check with him.
I think most users appreciate a bit of communication :p

> If the original contributor pops up again I'll gladly orphan the
> packages again.
> Just wanted to have the newest versions in AUR.

I know you will :) that's why I wrote for future reference.

As you like to have the newest versions in AUR, have you checked the
list of orphans already? Maybe you want to maintain some of them if
you have the time and interest. I'm sure you will find something of
interest in there, and it will be greatly appreciated by other users.

ronald