[aur-general] Old packages in AUR

Shaika-Dzari Shaika-Dzari shaikadzari at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:04:17 EDT 2008

Hello everyone.

This morning I looked orphan package and I found some packages that could be
remove:

- sharpmusique : source is not available anymore
- eclipse-kde : source is not available anymore
- fvwm-trans : outdate, did not build
- gimp-freetype : made for gimp 2.0, not available from official gimp
website
- gnash-cvs :  gnash use Bazaar now
- kanola : did not build, no update by his creator since 2 years
- kdeaddons4 : made and submited in 2006
- kdeedu4 : same ^
- kdepim4 : same ^
- kdeless : splited by his maintainer into other package
- madman-devel : no update, problem with Faad, official website is down
- menu : replace by archlinux-xdg-menu in community
- menu-xdg : same ^
- netscape-navigator : closed-sources, end of support by netscape
- poppler-qt4 : use old Qt4 from community
- pynealpm: use old libalpm
- qgnokii : depend on qt3 but still use depend=(qt)
- sqcam-cvs : depend on kernel26 and was not update since 1 year...
- xscreensaver-arch : did not work
- ymessenger : no update since 3 years, PKGBUILD license is GPL ?
- fluxbox-styles-boxwhore : boxwhore website is dead

Hope this help.