[aur-general] compiz-fusion?

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Sat Mar 15 07:57:33 EDT 2008

JJDaNiMoTh schrieb:
> I'm building it on 64 bit builder machine.
> It need time because I first need to compile compiz-core, then wait
> sync of pacman db, and compile other things, then wait the sync etc...
> This is the problem.
>
> Now seems that remote pacman syncs itself every hours, so ( without
> mirror problems ) I think this situation could be resolved in 4-5
> hours.
>
> Excuse me, but I think we need more TU for x86_64, of course we can't
> carry on with this situation. At least, only ' rebuilding monkey ' for
> 64 bit... Although Aaron give us the building machine, it isn't the
> same ( again thanks anyway, Aaron.. without it would be worse )

Wow, that sucks, I thought someone else built those for you.

I am rather surprised: Almost everyone in the dev team has at least one
AMD64 or Core2 (maybe newer P4) machine, I thought this should be the
same for the TU team by now.
This situation is BAD and it needs to be resolved, because all this
leads to breakage for end-users. How do we get more TUs with 64 bit
machines?