[aur-general] Flagging out-of-date in AUR

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 18:17:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:55:35 +0100
"stefan-husmann at t-online.de" <stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:
> some weeks ago Firmicus complained on this list that some of his
> packages are flagged out of date in AUR.
> Now I see one of gummibaerchens packages netbeans 6.01 flagged out of
> date. It is definitely not out of date, as he put it in AUR today.

> Perhaps there is a caching problem?

There is a possibility that the database records in AUR are keeping
some of the old values of old 'deleted' packages. From what I recall no
records are ever completely deleted from the database. AUR even creates
 dummy records for package dependencies that have never been uploaded.

Caching could be a problem in some situations.