[aur-general] perl 5.10.0 coming soon

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 05:11:43 EDT 2008

2008/3/19, Firmicus <Firmicus at gmx.net>:

>  > On the other hand, looking at all the critical updates in [testing] in
>  > the last weeks, I've been feeling a growing need for a
>  > [community-testing] repo. This has been discussed many times, and if I
>  > understood correctly there's a serious intention to deploy it,
>  > someday.
>
> <...>
>
> > Is there any official roadmap to [community-testing]? If the answer is
>  > "no, and you'll never see it", then all good for me, I'll find a way
>  > to set up one somewhere and encourage current TUs to use it.
>  >
>  > Corrado
>  >
>  >

> I am likewise very much in favor of a community-testing repo. Roman,
>  what is the current state of things on this?

Well, technically it could be organized in the same way as testing for
core/extra/unstable.
But I don't know how AUR backend should be modified for this, because
it needs to separate & not mess uploaded packages.

I think this would be better implemented with new SCM layout that's
pending (for pretty long time already, I'll ping that issue after ISO
release) because it will allow such things to be done *much* easier.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)