[aur-general] xfce4-*-svn and others xfce packages

Tobias Kieslich tobias at justdreams.de
Wed Mar 19 11:58:15 EDT 2008

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Shaika-Dzari wrote:

> Le 19 mars 2008, Allan McRae a écrit :
> > BaSh wrote:
> > > Hi ML,
> > > there are many orphans packages into community repository and I think
> > > who xfce-svn would have to be moved to unsupported.
> > > I want to know if someone is interested at these packages before I'll
> > > move they to unsupported.
> > >
> > > Packages list:
> > > <snip>
> > >

> > Weren't we trying to convince someone to join as a TU to maintain the
> > xfce4-svn packages?  Does anybody know if there was a response about that?
>
> I don't know if this is a good ideas but maybe someone could make a post on the forum.
> There a lot of xfce users and someone may be interrested to adopt and support it.

I'm the xfce4 extra maintainer and from my experience the xfce4 stuff
goes in waves. Whe the development at upstream gets upt o speed again
for 4.6 ther will be people that who want the 4.6 svn packages until
there are beta tarballs available. I know have them lingering around is
an annoyance but believe me, someone will come along and pick them up.
It is okay to mve it to unsupported for the moment but please don't get
rid of them as it will be way much work for whoever to recreate them.

Thanks,
	-T