[aur-general] Keeping community64 up to date

Allan McRae allan.mcrae at qimr.edu.au
Fri Mar 21 07:37:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have come to realize that the current way of keeping community64 in
sync could use some improving.  I realized this when looking at the
pkg_diff web page [1] thinking I would build some packages.  After being
distracted by the internet for a few minutes... I reloaded the page and
noticed that some of the packages had been uploaded. Now had I actually
built those packages, it would have been a waste of time.  Also, I'm
never sure how much time to wait and see whether the TU who uploaded the
i686 package is going to upload the x86_64 package.

How can this be improved?  The best I can come up with is making a wiki
page with a list of x86_64 build requests.  TU's who upload a i686
package and are not going to build the x86_64 package themselves would
need to add the package to the page.  Think of it as punishment for not
building it yourself. :)  When someone else goes to build the package
they either remove it from the list or tag that it is being built.

That probably isn't the best idea, but I feel that the current system is
a bit flawed.  Any other suggestions/comments?

Allan

[1] http://dev.archlinux.org/~andyrtr/pkg_diff.html