[aur-general] Keeping community64 up to date

olivier bordes olivier at obordes.com
Fri Mar 21 09:37:03 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I am new to this list, so excuse me if I ask stupid questions.
I own a 64 bits machine, and feel that could help more on this 64 bits subject.

Several times, I had to  install 64 bits packages which were not 64bits ready.
I had to change the PKGBUILD to make it work (and sometimes more).
It was fine for me, however the package was not updated for others.
I have not found any way to make  it available for others, except than to add
a note to the package in AUR.

But it is not very efficient. Package maintainer may not read it or
may not be available, etc...

As currently I am not TU, I wonder if there is any other way to further help on this.
Your proposal Allan seems good to fit this needs, provided that non TU are allowed to update it.
But still, you would have to update manually the PKGBUILD for the archictecture supported.
How to do this when you are not the maintainer ?

my64