[aur-general] Keeping community64 up to date

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:10:49 EDT 2008

Abhishek Dasgupta wrote:

> I think this synchronization would be made better if there is something
> to nag us always :) Maybe another ML (aur-community-sync) which would
> contain autonotifications about packages out of sync (with a certain
> threshold period of say 2-3 days) and we could easily see which ones
> were out of date. Any TU who would want to sync a particular package
> would reply to the [out-of-date] autonotification email, and that way
> we would know that there's someone taking care of it. A wiki would also
> do for the time being, though that has the disadvantage of non-automation.

What about just sending an email to this mailing list if you want
someone to build a package you have uploaded for another architecture?
It would create more traffic on the list but with an appropriate tag can
easily be filtered.

See http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Community64_Status

> Flag them + lib32* them and for the rest,

I against using lib32 packages as dependencies to get 32 bit binary
packages to work withing the community64 repo.  I think that if people
want to get i686 binary blobs to work in x86_64 it should be done
manually.  Do we have an official policy on this?