[aur-general] wine in AUR

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu May 1 07:03:42 EDT 2008

Allan McRae wrote:
> stefan-husmann at t-online.de wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> there is a wine package in AUR, which is just a version bump of the
>> package in extra. The maintainer refuses to remove it.
>>
>> Sincerely Stefan
>>

> It was a completely different package named wine_.  Note the underscore :)
>
> Anyway, it is gone.
>
> Allan

I'm starting to get tired about the noise generated by w(h)ine these days :)
Afaik, this is not the first pointless wine package in AUR. And there is
a new "wine is outdated" thread on bbs every day.
Maybe one wine user who already builds wine regularly for himself could
host an up-to-date wine repo somewhere for everyone?
Or maybe this could be done by a TU in community repo?