[aur-general] AUR Cleanup Day organization

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 10:57:00 EDT 2008

Callan Barrett wrote:
> On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 10:08 PM, Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Just my 2 cents: I think, that packages without arch=() field should
>>  be also removed.
>>

> That seems like a bit much. There's probably a lot of good packages in
> the AUR without this field and it's not like it's that hard to add it
> in yourself.

I agree we should not remove packages on the basis of the arch field.
We don't want to delete potentially useful packages.

>> I suggest you use a public channel instead of the TU channel, so that other Arch users can participate and why not adopt packages live. Not the Arch one though, it's too crowded. Maybe you could create a temporary channel for the event...
>>

> Agree with this, why not let as many people as possible get involved
> to get the most done.

OK.  Given I know very, very little about IRC, does someone else want to
make an IRC channel.  Either that, or we could ask if it would be OK to
use the archlinux-bugs (or whatever it is called) channel which tends to
have very low traffic levels apart from bug days.

Allan