[aur-general] AUR Cleanup Day organization

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 11:27:15 EDT 2008

Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> But in other way, packages without arch field are usually very, very old.

Then they probably fall in this category of the suggest removal guidelines
  - outdated and orphaned packages with few or no votes

This situation is behind my reasoning to create a list of potential
removals first.  I think we need to be careful of removing too many
packages, especially in our first cleanup attempt.  Just the really
unneeded ones as a first step.  I had even considered that once the list
was made, then I would archive all the relevant PKGBUILDs before
deleting them. But it would be better to just not delete useful packages
in the first place...

Cheers,
Allan