[aur-general] amendment bylaws: voting & tur-users

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Wed May 7 08:37:17 EDT 2008

Hi TUs,

As Xavier pointed out
(http://archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2008-May/007651.html) , we
still haven't decided if we want to use the new voting system. So it
is time to do decide.

According to the bylaws we need to discuss & vote before we can change
things in the bylaws.

I propose two changes:

1. change all appearances of tur-users to aur-general

2.  the fourth section of the standard voting procedure to (at least similar to)
Following the discussion period, a voting period opens. Simple YES, NO
, or ABSTAIN votes are to be cast under the Trusted User section of
the AUR homepage by at least a quorum of active TUs.

The SVP for changing the bylaws is:
SVP( amend_bylaws, 5, 0.75, 7);

This mail starts the 5 day discussion period. Please note that in the
discussion period you have to vote for both points ;)

Ronald