[aur-general] TU Voting On The AUR

Collin adderd at kkmfg.com
Wed May 7 08:39:51 EDT 2008

Allan McRae wrote:
> Xavier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am curious why no one is interested in this :
>> http://www.archlinux.org/pipermail/tur-users/2008-February/007020.html
>> Besides many other advantages like automation and anonymity, it should
>> remove noise on this ML and prevent non-TU from voting. But maybe
>> that's where the fun is (old school ftw) :)
>> Otherwise, if there was a real interest, then finishing that project
>> shouldn't be a big problem.
>>

> I think we need to vote on whether we use it first.
>
> Allan

I'm not a TU but I do play one on TV... (or not)...

Maybe you should have a vote as to whether to have a vote about having a
vote about voting. At a certain point this whole democracy thing gets
stupid. If you have to vote for every little thing then nothing will
ever get done. There are several reasons why the US is not a straight
democracy but one of them is that voting on every single little issue
would be too troublesome.

So, while my vote counts for nothing, please implement the above
mentioned voting system and get it over with! There really has to be
someone who can make some executive decisions without asking mom if it's OK.