[aur-general] AUR cleanup package list

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Fri May 16 07:51:24 EDT 2008

HI TUs,

The call for people to list packages in the AUR to cleanup has been
quite successful with around 100 packages recommended.  See the wiki
page: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_CleanUp_Day

Now we have to go through the list and confirm which packages deserve to
be deleted.  Remember not to get carried away here.  We don't want to
delete work that may still be useful.

Reasons to flag a package for deletion:
  - packages that have been renamed or replaced
  - developmental packages (cvs/svn/etc) that have change source
management systems

Reasons not to flag a package for deletion:
  - out of date

I have made a section of the wiki page where we can sort the packages.
Please sign your name by any package that you put in the remove/keep
list.  This will allow me to monitor any abuse of the system more
easily.  It also makes you take responsibility for your decision to
remove a package which should never be taken lightly.

If you have a disagreement with another TUs decision, move it to a new
section call "further discussion" or something.  If the suggestions are
checked properly before moving the the remove or keep list, then this
shouldn't happen but we will deal with it if it happens.

I will go through and make the removals in a few days.

Cheers,
Allan