[aur-general] list for reserverd UIDs for special system users

Michael Krauss hippodriver at gmx.net
Mon May 19 08:36:57 EDT 2008

On 19/05/08, Callan Barrett wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 12:40 AM, Michael Krauss
> <hippodriver at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On 18/05/08, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> >> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/UID_and_GID_list
> >
> > dma now occupies 74:74.
>
> I don't think you're meant to actually edit this list are you? It's
> just for reference.

Maybe you are right, I don't know. There were two points why I
supposed editing is ok:
i)	The page isn't write protected.
ii) 	If I am not allowed to add ids that I use, others aren't
	allowed too. That implies there may be packages out there that
	use unlisted ids. So using an unlisted id for my package to not
	interfere with other programs is useless. Finally this means
	the list isn't that important and could be ignored.
	But if it's not important, why not editing it myself ;-)

However, if you want my entries to be removed, simply delete them. I
promise to not adding them again in this case. Instead I would add
some voodoo to the dma.install script to make sure that the ids are not
used when installing the package. Unfortunately this won't prevent an
other subsequently installed package from reusing the ids.

Kind Regards,
Michael Krauss