[aur-general] TU Application

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Wed May 21 02:15:12 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve> wrote:

> * volleyball: I change gpl for GPL (and now is an array),also i removed the
> empty fields, and i added the x86_64 support, and finally i add a missing
> dependency sdl_mixer.

Not a big deal, but I prefer when there is a one to one relation
between PKGBUILD and upstream sources, when possible.
In the case of volleyball, it looks like we could have two perfectly
standard PKGBUILD, volleyball and volleyball-data.
By perfectly standard, I mean it is even possible to re-use the build
function of the prototype /usr/share/pacman/PKGBUILD.proto without any
modifications, which is pretty cool imo :
build() {
  cd "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver"

  ./configure --prefix=/usr
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install
}

But well I made the same suggestion for vegastrike(-svn) pkgbuilds,
about not fusioning the game and the data, and I am not sure the idea
was appreciated.
So it is really just a suggestion, so take it or leave it :)