[aur-general] TU Application

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 02:54:47 EDT 2008

Angel Velásquez wrote:

> Hi Xavier, I thought the same when I adopt the package, in fact I have
> the prototype of the split in two packages, but when I was submitting
> I stopped, because i think in this possibility "who need
> volleyball-data alone?", so i have been tempted in split this package
> in two, but I don't know, i'd like to hear more opinions before create
> another package in aur who is just for use with the package volleyball.

Split packages are good if the game engine changes but the data files do
not, or the other way around.  That way users do not have to download
"both" packages to update when only one has changed.  When a game does
split itself into two packages upstream, it probably updates these
separately and is worth two packages.  It seems that is the case with
volleyball because of the different minor version number of the two
source tarballs.

Allan