[aur-general] problem uploading

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu May 22 09:38:35 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It would seem you've run into the worlds most annoying bug
> (http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/8672).  But it is interesting that this
> package appears to have never existed in the AUR.

I am curious why there doesn't seem to be any progress on this. Is
this caused by serious lack of man power or is the issue so complex no
one is able to figure out what is happening or is it something else?
>From my limited point of view as an user, AUR development seemed to go
well recently with a cool 1.5 release.
Please don't take this as a complaint / whining, I try my best to help
out with pacman so I know how hard it is :)
I am just a bit concerned since that issue is apparently generating
quite some noise, and also seems to slow things down by preventing
users from uploading packages.