[aur-general] problem uploading

Loui louipc.ist at gmail.com
Thu May 22 12:52:37 EDT 2008

On Thu, 22 May 2008 15:38:35 +0200
Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am curious why there doesn't seem to be any progress on this. Is
> this caused by serious lack of man power or is the issue so complex no
> one is able to figure out what is happening or is it something else?
> From my limited point of view as an user, AUR development seemed to go
> well recently with a cool 1.5 release.
> Please don't take this as a complaint / whining, I try my best to help
> out with pacman so I know how hard it is :)
> I am just a bit concerned since that issue is apparently generating
> quite some noise, and also seems to slow things down by preventing
> users from uploading packages.

Lack of developer manpower is an issue. There are about 10
outstanding patches on the aur-dev list that haven't seen any response
by a developer. The earliest one was sent on May 4th, the latest on
May 11th. There are even more patches that I submitted that had
positive responses but haven't been pushed to the main testing repo.
Developers are the only ones that can push them into the source and
are the only ones that can access the actual server and database.

We need more developers.