[aur-general] community back-end rewrite

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Nov 30 20:35:18 EST 2008

Hi all,

In the TU meetings there was some discussion about doing a
rewrite/update/fix-up of the [community] back-end.  I am not sure who
all is looking at this and what the plans are - hence this email.

Can people who are looking at this or interested in looking at this give
a ping back to this message with whatever plans you have or work you
have already done.

Things I want to flag:
 - we should get a git repo for a community-backend project on the arch
server and separate this from the aur site code.
 - we should switch SCM tools from CVS.  I am strongly in favour of
using the same system as the main repos which would allow much code
reuse and easily get us a testing repo for community packages. (No more
big rebuild issues!).

Allan