[aur-general] community back-end rewrite

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:44:01 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 20:35, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In the TU meetings there was some discussion about doing a
> rewrite/update/fix-up of the [community] back-end.  I am not sure who all is
> looking at this and what the plans are - hence this email.
>
> Can people who are looking at this or interested in looking at this give a
> ping back to this message with whatever plans you have or work you have
> already done.

You're probably referring to me here. I have been considering writing
a tupkg-like tool that will upload and repo-add things, and be able to
have any sort of post-upload hooks that you want. I haven't really
written anything yet. One of the main attractions is that you wouldn't
really need any sort of cron job running to add things, which is one
sucky thing about the current community backend