[aur-general] TU Application

Ronald van Haren pressh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:11:12 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis at gmail.com> wrote:
> stefan-husmann at t-online.de wrote:
>>>
>>> What should I add myself as, when adopting a package, if not using the
>>>    Maintainer tag? "Contributor" maybe?
>>>

>> Yes!
>
> Actually, I just read a wiki entry[1] on this which clears things up.
>
> # Maintainer: the maintainer responsible for this pkg in the official
> repositories
> # Contributor: the person who wrote the first PKGBUILD for this package
>
> So I shouldn't add myself at all to packages I adopt. :o
> /me goes to update his adopted packages.

> [1] http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ABS_PKGBUILD_Explained

Better use this document:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards
The document you are referring to contains a couple of errors from a
quick look at it.

btw it seems trivial to me that a contributor is someone who did
contribute to the PKGBUILD at some point. That is why the comment
starts with 'contributor' and not with 'firstsubmitter' or so....

Ronald