[aur-general] Where to put your name when you adopt an AUR package (was: TU Application)

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:25:23 EDT 2008

Regardless of what it once was, I think the current method is silly
and needlessly confusing. Contributor should be there to credit the
previous handlers for a package. Maintainer should just be the person
who is currently in charge of keeping it working, whether binary or
otherwise. Pacman's "Packager" data is kept for the binary files,
making the current use of Maintainer redundant.

I think it should be changed to the more logical way. Anyone else have
an opinion on that?