[aur-general] Where to put your name when you adopt an AUR package (was: TU Application)

stefan-husmann at t-online.de stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Thu Oct 9 17:11:56 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:14:37 +0200
Subject: Re: [aur-general] Where to put your name when you adopt an AUR
package (was: TU Application)
From: "Callan Barrett" <wizzomafizzo at gmail.com>
To: "Discussion about the Arch User Repository (AUR)"
<aur-general at archlinux.org>

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Bob Finch <w9ya at qrparci.net> wrote:
> If I understand the question correctly, and I may not.....
>
> The answer is that you are a "contributor" of a PKGBUILD (et al)
unless you
> are a TU, in which case you are "maintaining" the *binary* package.
>
> Or at least that was what it was in at first.
>
> Very best regards;
>
> Bob Finch

Oh, we understand what they're for now but not *why* they're used that
way. Why aren't AUR maintainers allowed to use a maintainer tag when
in most cases the word "maintainer" makes more sense and it would stop
a lot of this nonsense where people get told off for using the special
TU-only comment.

--
Callan Barrett

1+