[aur-general] info files

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 10:19:27 EDT 2008

2008/10/24 Jiyunatori <tori at 0xc29.net>:
> Hi there.
>
> jxy is asking me on AUR if I can include the info file of the
> emacs-org-mode package.
>
> however, an old version of org-mode is now shipped with emacs, thus
> installing some info files within /usr/share/info.
>
> Is there a policy to address this problem ?
> Should I overwrite the info files from emacs (bad idea I guess)
> Should I rename the info file ?
> Should I just avoid installing the file, as I'm doing now ?
>
> Jiyunatori

If I were you, I would look at the differences between files from
original emacs and and files from your package. If there was
significant diferency between them, it would be meaningful to provide
info files with your package.

Anyway if you really want to include files, it's much better to rename
them. Any attempt to replace existing files will end with pacman
yelling at you about conflicting files.