[aur-general] info files

stefan-husmann at t-online.de stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Fri Oct 24 15:14:03 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
> Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:43:06 +0200
> Subject: [aur-general] info files
> From: Jiyunatori <tori at 0xc29.net>
> To: aur-general at archlinux.org

> Hi there.
>
> jxy is asking me on AUR if I can include the info file of the
> emacs-org-mode package.
>
> however, an old version of org-mode is now shipped with emacs, thus
> installing some info files within /usr/share/info.
>
> Is there a policy to address this problem ?
> Should I overwrite the info files from emacs (bad idea I guess)
> Should I rename the info file ?
> Should I just avoid installing the file, as I'm doing now ?
>
> Jiyunatori

Hello,

I have the same problem with my package imaxima in AUR, which is in an
older version also included in maxima.
I rename the info file and do a sed to reflect the renaming within the
info file itself. You can have a look at he PKGBUILD and the install
file and do it the same way.

Regards

Stefan