[aur-general] Missing Packages

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Oct 25 19:49:09 EDT 2008

Daenyth Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 19:32, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Daenyth Blank wrote:
>>
>>> Wouldn't it make more sense to integrate it with communitypkg?
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> We could introduce the ability to override $CARCH by specifying a $FARCH
>> (I'm not good with naming) in the current environment.
>>
>> Then we could do something like: `FARCH=x86_64 communitypkg' to upload a
>> package to x86_64.
>>
>> Here's an untested patch: http://paste2.org/p/92323 for review.
>>

> Why not just a command line switch; communitypkg -64?

Or, what would be even better, is to fix up the [community] repo
back-end so it deals with packages with the repo name in them.  Then we
wouldn't need different ports for uploading for each arch and could just
use "CARCH=x86_64 commuitypkg".  Much bigger job though and I do not
know where the code is...

Also, if we have someone actively hacking the [community] back-end, then
we could organize the switch to SVN like the main repos and it would be
easy to create a [community-testing] repo to solve all the rebuild
issues when big changes are in [testing]

Allan