[aur-general] Missing Packages

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 01:47:36 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 6:49 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Or, what would be even better, is to fix up the [community] repo back-end so
> it deals with packages with the repo name in them.  Then we wouldn't need
> different ports for uploading for each arch and could just use "CARCH=x86_64
> commuitypkg".  Much bigger job though and I do not know where the code is...
> Also, if we have someone actively hacking the [community] back-end, then we
> could organize the switch to SVN like the main repos and it would be easy to
> create a [community-testing] repo to solve all the rebuild issues when big
> changes are in [testing]

I've been planning on redoing this backend for a LONG time. It needs
to a) switch to svn, b) use the new DB scripts, c) use some version of
reporead.py to parse DB files, d) lots more

Currently, the community backend is all part of the AUR git repo. I'd
like to get this split out into its own repo, and maybe start hacking
at it in the near future.

If anyone is willing to help, splitting it out from the AUR, and
getting all the scripts we use on gerolde together would be a great
start.