[aur-general] TU Application

Kessia 'even' Pinheiro kessiapinheiro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 07:47:34 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Kessia 'even' Pinheiro wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>    My name is Kessia Pinheiro (a.k.a even)
>
> I have had a quick look at your PKGBUILDs in the AUR and have a couple of
> minor comments.
>
> - When you patch a file, you should source the patch from $scrdir rather
> that $startdir (e.g in ufw you use "patch -p0 -i
> ${startdir}/lsb_init-functions.patch").

 I fixed that, was a distraction. . .

> - In the sniffit package, you patch before changing to the source directory.
>  Haven't tested but it looks strange to me.

That was my first package. . . =]
But now I changed that little mistake.

> - Does ibam really need libstdc++5 ?

I check in docs and test without libstdc++5 and really isn't needed. I
corrected that.

> - The BSD license is not standard so you need to install it to
> /usr/share/licenses/$pkgname for each package that uses it

Ok now!

> - You have a lot of packages with a "GPL2" license.  Are you sure these are
> not "GPL2 or later" which would mean the license is GPL?  They could all be
> right as far as I know, it just seems an unusually large proportion of you
> packages.

All packages with GPL2 are explicit in their licenses. Hugo Doria says
me to be specific when the software say me the version of the license.

> Other than those points, you seem to have all the packaging skills required
> to be a TU and you have been contributing to the Arch (Brazil) community so
> I will be pleased to welcome you on board.
>
> Allan

Very thanks! We you domain the world someday...! =)
Other guy from Brazil will send the proposal soon... Wait more few days.

--
Kessia Pinheiro
Student at Computer Science - UFBa