[aur-general] TU Application

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Thu Sep 11 23:46:18 EDT 2008

Kessia 'even' Pinheiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     My name is Kessia Pinheiro (a.k.a even)

I have had a quick look at your PKGBUILDs in the AUR and have a couple
of minor comments.

- When you patch a file, you should source the patch from $scrdir rather
that $startdir (e.g in ufw you use "patch -p0 -i
${startdir}/lsb_init-functions.patch").

- In the sniffit package, you patch before changing to the source
directory.  Haven't tested but it looks strange to me.

- Does ibam really need libstdc++5 ?

- The BSD license is not standard so you need to install it to
/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname for each package that uses it

- You have a lot of packages with a "GPL2" license.  Are you sure these
are not "GPL2 or later" which would mean the license is GPL?  They could
all be right as far as I know, it just seems an unusually large
proportion of you packages.

Other than those points, you seem to have all the packaging skills
required to be a TU and you have been contributing to the Arch (Brazil)
community so I will be pleased to welcome you on board.

Allan