[aur-general] TU Application

Jeff Mickey jeff at archlinux.org
Fri Sep 12 10:49:03 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 00:22, Paulo Matias <matias at archlinux-br.org> wrote:
> I know about the past issues with ion3

http://archlinux.org/news/374/

I would highly prefer you not put Ion3 in binary format anywhere for
official ArchLinux repos.  The developers already had this discussion
about Ion, there is no need to have it again with the TU's.  Putting
this package in a repo disregards the decision already made, and
inevitably will lead to the package being out of date and violating
it's license.  Trust me, it will happen.  Maybe not in the next year,
but at some point.  It's non-free, and not something we choose to deal
with.  You can have it in your own repo on your own hosting, but don't
put it in Archlinux repos.

I'm fine with it being in the AUR as I don't think his license holds
for build instructions, but that is off the top of my head, not a
researched opinion.

  //  jeff
--
. : [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] : .