[aur-general] TU Application

Paulo Matias matias at archlinux-br.org
Fri Sep 12 00:22:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:27 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I had a quick look at your PKGBUILDs in the AUR and they all look good as
> expected. My only comment is that sourceforge download URLs should be in the
> form http://downloads.sourceforge.net/.

Thanks! I had just changed the download url in the pstreams PKGBUILD.

> So I will ask the usual question of what packages do you think you will
> bring into [community]?  Not wanting to get into the debate here, but ion3
> is problematic as you know and have (partially) addressed in your pkgbuild
> but putting the binary in [community] is still probably not the best idea...

I know about the past issues with ion3, so I plan to ask Tuomov if
everything is OK with the package before moving it to [community]. I
would like to bring it to [community], but I will only do this if
Tuomov confirms everything is OK.

Another thing I plan to do is trying to get permission from Sun to
bring virtualbox_bin to [community].

Besides that, I really want to bring Open Sound System related packages to
[community]. It's kinda a priority, as some users are eager for that.

> BTW, is there any more of the Arch Linux Brazil people out there going to
> apply.  It seems we are being taken over!

:D

Best regards,

Paulo Matias