[aur-general] TU Application

bardo ilbardo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:15:41 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Paulo Matias <matias at archlinux-br.org> wrote:
> If the user wants ALSA back, she only needs to remove the OSS package.

So this means that the two systems can't coexist... I can't say I like
it (I may prefer to use a particular sound system for a certain
feature the other one misses) but at the moment I don't think there
are other solutions.

> In the install script (take a look at
> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/oss-testing/oss-testing/oss.install),

We'll have to talk about that file (maybe in private, I'm hijacking
the thread and it isn't nice), in particular about the removal of
libflashsupport, which is also provided in libflashsupport-pulse, a
package I've been wanting to move to [community] for a while.

> No users had complained about problems restoring ALSA, so I think this
> problem was present only in old packages, packaged by past
> maintainers.

Yeah, I got it with oss-linux-free, IIRC. Anyway, I *personally* think
that no package should touch files owned by other packages, even
though it seems harmless and reversible. I'd like to hear from others
about this, though.

Corrado