[aur-general] TU application: Biru Ionut

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:10:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

2009/4/5 Biru Ionut <biru.ionut at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> My name is Biru Ionut Mircea and i'm addicted to archlinux. :)
>
> I'm a 23 year old student from Romania, studying at University
> Politehnica of Bucharest, Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer,
> Computer Science department.
>
> I'm using linux for more than 6 years, using different distributions
> before i discovered archlinux 3 years ago and in this time i can say
> that i know almost everything about archlinux.
>
> Mainly my contribution to archlinux community was on the forum, bug
> tracker and aur(username wonder), where i maintain 14 packages [1]. I
> helped on bug day on 21 march and for my work i got credit from allan
> and hdoria which i want to thank for that.
>
> I want to became a TU because i've noticed that important people in our
> community are resigning and my favorites packages aren't been updated
> because of lack of free time. I just want to do something  so that our
> community to enjoy packages up to date.
>
> In the future I want to help more in archlinux projects and maybe i will
> start other projects that the archlinux community could use. Also i want
> to inform that i don't intend to move in community any of *-ubuntu package
>
> My sponsor is Hugo Doria. Thank you.

A suggestion: do run namcap on all your PKGBUILDs and package
files; for example the gfxboot PKGBUILD installs files to /usr/man when it
should be installing to /usr/share/man according to FHS guidelines. If you
run namcap with the -i option then it prints out informational messages
as well (like recommending $srcdir and $pkgdir).

--
Abhishek