[aur-general] TU application: Biru Ionut

Biru Ionut biru.ionut at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 13:42:59 EDT 2009

Jaroslav Lichtblau wrote:
> Hi,
> I went through your packages and found out many of them have been
> previously created and mainained by someone else. I would like to
> see some of your own contributions, could you maybe point them out?

microblog-purple and linuxdcpp-plus-odc are my own contributions and the
   *-ubuntu package which  i adopt them some time ago when somebody was
deleteing orphan packages. Those are my primary contributions and i
update them regulary.

> I see in some of your packages the 1st line like: "# $Id: PKGBUILD,..."
> which comes in PKGBUILDs moved to AUR from the repos, but actually
> should not be there. You may remove this. I'm also not sure about
> the actual status of the #Maintainer/#Contributor lines. Maybe some
> other TU knows, if Maintainer is now allowed in AUR PKGBUILDs.

This is confusion for me, like is confusion from you also. I didn't know
that Maintainer field is only for devs and TU or the Maintainer is the
person who actually own it. I will wait a bit more to clarify this thing
before doing any modification. That Maintainer field is there because i
was using the build from extra as a starting point.

> I'm wondering if you are talking about any particular projects you
> want to help with or start, in your last paragraph?

I was looking in pacman source tree and i've try to improve some
behavior in pacman. For example when a group is in testing and
extra/core also pacman asks you two times. This is my first contribution
that i want to make into pacman.

Also to answer in this mail for all the previous mails:

Stefan and Abhishek i'll fix those issue right now. About namcap i
forgot totally about that.

--
Ionut