[aur-general] TU appliance Jens Maucher (defcon)

Jaroslav Lichtblau tu at dragonlord.cz
Sun Apr 5 16:24:39 EDT 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 10:13:03PM +0200, Baho Utot wrote:
> Ali H. Caliskan wrote:
>> Well there is a difference between TU and developer, I'm not saying that
>> it's not required to be good at coding and consequent about organizing a
>> PGBUILD, what I'm saying is that we should embrace the enthusiasm and
>> dedication by people who want to contribute and serve the community the best
>> way they can. So the requirements should be much tougher as developer than
>> TU. Please reconsider Jens as a TU, not as what he *is*, but what he can *be
>> *. Que bono?
>>
>> /ali
>>
>> 2009/4/5 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>
>>

> Yes, I think anyone could be an asset.
>
> Why is the TU all about making packages/being a good packager?

It is not just about to be a good packager. But as said before, you
have the power to create binary packages and access the [community]
repository, and we need to be sure that TU's know what they do.
This is my point of view.

--
- No manual is ever necessary.
May I politely interject here: BULLSHIT.  That's the biggest Apple lie of all!