[aur-general] Submitting a new package (sunjdk)

Daenyth Blank daenyth+arch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 20:25:52 EDT 2009

2009/4/5 Angel Velásquez <angvp at archlinux.com.ve>:
>> i stopped using jre/jdk from [community] sometime ago, due to the lack
>> of updates and unresponsiveness of the maintainer (jre/jdk_beta were
>> introduced for this very reason)
>>

> The fact is that you cannot duplicate packages on AUR even if these
> are more updated than existents.. If you think that the maintainer of
> jre/jdk is not doing a good job, then write him an e-mail, offering
> help.
>
> Cheers
>

> --
> Angel Velásquez
> angvp @ irc.freenode.net
> Linux Counter: #359909

While it technically is not a duplicate, it more or less is just two
packages combined into one. I wouldn't add it and would instead
coordinate with the jre/jdk maintainer so that those packages can be
kept up to date. Alternately, apply to be a TU and keep the packages
up to date yourself, if he's willing to orphan them for you.