[aur-general] Submitting a new package (sunjdk)

Xyne xyne at archlinux.ca
Sun Apr 5 21:30:47 EDT 2009

Daenyth Blank <daenyth+arch at gmail.com> wrote:

> The analogy doesn't carry very well here.. The kdemod repos 1) are not
> officially supported or endorsed, and 2) contain patches that change
> functionality.
>
> That being said, I wouldn't go so far as to entirely delete the
> package, I just think it's a useless duplication of effort

Considering that the combo-package does simplify both building and installation for those users who want both the development and the runtime environment  and that it's already been created, it seems to be only beneficial to have it in the AUR. Perhaps it could be taken over by the jre/jkd maintainer (or vice versa) later on to consolidate the effort.

Sorry if I'm missing something.