[aur-general] How to handle interchangeable dependencies?

Loui Chang louipc.ist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 10:27:21 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 04:21:53PM +0200, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 10:02:41 -0400
> Loui Chang <louipc.ist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 03:45:43PM +0200, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:

> > > The problem is that even if those scripts are unsupported they are
> > > widely used (well, namcap not as widely a one could wish).
> >
> > It should be clear if you saw the disclaimer on the AUR home page.
> > I guess that could be a case to put the disclaimer on every page, so
> > the point is hammered in. Heh.
>
> Won't help ;)

What do you suggest? I could delete and/or block yaourt from AUR if
there are too many support requests to Arch.

> Does the AUR webpage and yaourt rely on namcap as well? Both don't get
> it right either.

AUR doesn't rely on namcap.

> '+' bug for yaourt reported here:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14122?opened=4326

Jeez don't file bugs for unsupported scripts. Contact the yaourt
developers. If you can't get a hold of them then there's nothing that
the Arch Linux devs can do for you.