[aur-general] Use of sudo in pkgbuild

Laurie Clark-Michalek bluepeppers at archlinux.us
Tue Apr 7 15:55:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've been working on the splashy-creator package (updating it to 2.2), and
had got it working, when I realised I had a potential problem. I needed to
use sudo in the pkgbuild, and so far, I have never seen it used in a
package. Is this OK, and/or is there away to avoid it? Here is my package
build for inspection:

# Contributor: Laurie Clark-Michalek <BluePeppers (at) archlinux (dot) us>

pkgname=splashy-creator
pkgver=2.2
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A tool for creating Splashy themes."
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://www.nanolx.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34"
license=('GPL3')
depends=('sed' 'pygtk>=2.4' 'python>=2.4' 'splashy')
makedepends=('sudo' 'patch')
source=(http://nanolx.org/free/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.bz2 $pkgname.patch)
md5sums=('615033a2cabab0b132ecc9aff2c07a7b'
'b8095120f36b5f2cc3b1704a7b2e32a6')

build() {
  cd $srcdir/$pkgname
  ./configure
  patch ./Makefile $srcdir/splashy-creator.patch
  sudo make DESTDIR=$pkgdir install || return 1
}

The patch is just a small one:

23c23
<       @mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)/usr/usr/bin/
---
>       @mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin/

Thanks,

Laurie

P.S. This is the first time I've used patch, so is the .patch file alright?